CELILO INN - LOCAL EVENTS
The Dalles Hotels, Oregon
Annual Events near the Celilo Inn
While the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge draws travelers year-round for exciting activities both indoors and out, veteran Gorge travelers know that the area really begins to shine when spring comes along. As trees get their leaves back and then turn to flower and fruit, the natural color pallet of the hills and valleys around The Dalles springs to life. It’s at this time that the communities of Wasco and Hood River counties spring to life as well, hosting events throughout the spring, summer, and fall. These events draw outdoor enthusiasts, food and wine connoisseurs, couples, and families to a veritable cornucopia of events sure to have something to offer for just about anyone. Plan your trip around one of these incredible events, or decide last minute on a weekend getaway for you and your spouse. Either way, The Dalles and the Gorge will surely have something unique in store for you.
- BLOSSOMS AND WILD FLOWER VIEWING Late March - Mid May
- GORGE ARTISTS OPEN STUDIOS Third Weekend in April
- 14TH ANNUAL CHERRY OF A RIDE Varying distance bike ride third weekend in April
- NORTHWEST CHERRY FESTIVAL Fourth weekend in April
- MARYHILL WINERY SUMMER CONCERT SERIES Top bands perform music in an outdoor Ampitheatre overlooking the Columbia River. Dates vary. Call Celilo hotel for our concert packages including BBQ, wine and shuttle.
- FORT DALLES FOURTH OF JULY June 28th - July 4th Lewis and Clark waterfront park
- HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR Fourth Weekend in July
- CRUISE THE GORGE - "Cruise the Gorge Classic Car Show" August 10-12th 2018. See www.midcolumbiacarclub.org
Cruise the Gorge and music at Riverfront Park. More info call 541-296-6710
- DUFUR THRESHING BEE August
The Dufur Threshing Bee is held the second weekend of August. Each year since 1971, the citizens of Dufur have staged a threshing bee, to honor their history, celebrate the crop just harvested, and share with their neighbors the pleasures and rewards of working together as a community. Visitors can see horse-drawn antique harvesting equipment being used in the fields. This is the only threshing event in the country that uses horse-drawn machinery, and demonstrates every step of the process from cutting standing wheat to sewing up bags for shipping. The Threshing Bee offers working demonstrations of authentic horse-powered and steam-driven combines and other farming equipment. In the late 1800s, harvesting a wheat crop was no small matter. It took teams of 32 horses to move some of the harvesting equipment. Farmers would hire in harvest crews, and everyone worked long hours to get the job done. Farmers' wives' labored to feed the crews, sometimes spending all day in portable cook shacks preparing meals for as many as 30 men. The Dufur Threshing Bee recreates this community wide event, with fun, races, contests, an antique tractor pull, and more.
- WASCO COUNTY FAIR August
4-H exhibits, carnival rides and entertainment.
- KLICKITAT COUNTY FAIR & RODEO August
- Columbia Gorge Wine Growers - Labor Day Open House Weekend
Wineries will be sharing new releases and extended hours. Stay at Celilo and get a free tasting booklet.
- MARYHILL FESTIVAL OF SPEED September
This IGSA sanctioned event is a 5-day, multi-discipline gravity sports competition. 200 of the top international gravity sports competitors will compete in downhill skateboarding, street luge, inline skating and more.
- HISTORIC DALLES DAYS September
Downtown street fest, side walk sales, territorial Express Experience, Wagon rides and exhibits of old time daily life.
- HOOD RIVER and The Dalles HOPS FEST and Brew Tasting October
- STARLIGHT PARADE November 23 2018
Watch The Dalles transform into a magical place Christmas lights, music, and of course a visit from Santa Claus! Also enjoy the traditional Chili Feed after the parade.
For more information visit TheDallesChamber.com.
- View The Dalles and Columbia Gorge Activities Map